From September 2020, all primary age children will be taught Relationships and Health Education. Relationships Education will put in place the building blocks needed for positive and safe relationships, including with family, friends and online. Your child will be taught what a relationship is, what friendship is, what family means and who can support them. In an age-appropriate way, your child’s school will cover how to treat each other with kindness, consideration and respect.
PSHE including Relationships Education
At Broadway Junior School, personal, social and health education (PSHE) enables our children to become happy, healthy, independent and responsible members of a society. It aims to help them understand how they are developing personally and socially, and tackles many of the moral, social and cultural issues that are part of growing up.
Relationships and Health Education (RHE)
The aims of Relationships and Health Education at our school are to:
- Provide a framework in which sensitive discussions can take place;
- Prepare pupils for puberty, and give them an understanding of sexual development and the importance of health and hygiene;
- Help pupils develop feelings of self-respect, confidence and empathy;
- Create a positive culture around issues of relationships;
- Teach pupils the correct vocabulary to describe themselves and their bodies.
Relationships Education Policy
Parent Consultation Letter RHE March 2021
Department for Education Guide for Parents
Year 3 Relationships Education Curriculum
Year 4 Relationships Education Curriculum
Year 5 Relationships Education Curriculum
Year 6 Relationships Education Curriculum
PSHE Planning Year 3 to Year 6 2020-2021