Sunderland Primary Schools Football Association (SPSFA) Sportsman’s Dinner
As chairman of SPSFA, one of Mr Lindstedt’s jobs is to raise funds for the Association. The main fundraiser of the year is a Sportsman’s Dinner at the Roker Hotel which he has now organised for the last six years. This year he had two very special helpers from Class 7, Leah and Oscar, being involved in every aspect of the dinner. Their duties involved:
- Working out projected profits from ticket sales
- Deciding the menu for the three course dinner and then discussing this with the hotel
- Negotiating a price for the food
- Writing letters on Mr Lindstedt’s behalf asking for donations of auction/raffle prizes
- Helping Mr Lindstedt set up the ballroom on the day of the dinner
- Calculating eventual profit from the evening
Both children were a fantastic help and have big futures as event planners should they decide to pursue that career path. The rest of class 7 contributed by designing menu cards for the 30 tables of ten guests that were sold for the event. A real team effort.
They are pictured having a milkshake during a well-deserved rest from preparing the ballroom on the day of the event. Mr Lindstedt was very proud of both children and appreciative of their help. Well done Leah and Oscar.