The safety of our children, Parents/Carers and staff remains our top priority at this difficult time. The risk to school age children is still described as low to moderate and parents can access more information at https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public
We can report that at present there are no cases at Broadway Junior School. We are still receiving daily guidance on Covid-19 and the advice remains that schools stay open and are ‘business as usual’, however we are continuing to take precautionary steps to protect everyone.
Parents’ evening will go ahead as planned today for anyone who would like to attend, but we are introducing some preventative measures to improve the safety of everyone:
- Please arrive on time for your appointment and do not arrive early to wait in school.
- You will be asked to use hand sanitiser upon arrival in the building.
- Staff will sit across a desk from you with a little more distance than usual.
- There will be no physical contact with staff, e.g. no hand shaking.
- No children’s books will be available to view to limit the time adults need to spend in school.
- You have been given a specific timeslot for your appointment - staff will be adhering to that time limit. If this is not long enough, please inform your child’s Class Teacher and they will arrange a longer telephone appointment at a mutually agreeable time with you.
- If you are feeling unwell, we politely ask that you stay at home and arrange a telephone appointment at a later date.
PLEASE FOLLOW THESE STEPS AND HELP US KEEP EVERYONE SAFE.
Symptoms of Covid-19 are:
- A new continuous cough
- A high temperature
- Shortness of breath
Should you or your child experience these symptoms then you are being asked to self-isolate for 7 days and follow further government guidance. As always please keep school updated with your child’s reason for absence.
Information is emerging daily and if anything changes then you will be informed as soon as possible. Please try and remain calm and remember not all that you read on social media is true. As always we are doing our very best to protect your children at this potentially difficult time.