Netflix offers thousands of films and TV series and is available as an App on most SMART TV’s, game consoles, phones, tablets and desktop computers.
In November 2020, Netflix announced that it had classified all its movies and TV shows. Netflix also now offers an extensive range of parental controls, accessible via a web browser, these are highlighted below:
- Users can create separate profiles that have different levels of maturity ratings.
- The options are U, PG, 12, 15 and 18
- You can create a profile for younger children, which will offer a simplified user interface with PG content
- Parents can also lock accounts intended for older users
- To keep an eye on what children and young people in your care are watching on Netflix, you can use the viewing history feature
We have all had our fair share of Netflix binges, but as we know, too much screen time can have adverse effects on children. Netflix allows you to turn the auto-play feature off, making it a little easier to get away from the screen.
Please click here to view Netflix's Safety Guide for Parents