Child Protection is at the very centre of our work at Broadway as the children’s safety and well-being is at the very heart of our vision. We therefore acknowledge and adhere to the importance of the ‘Every Child Matters’ agenda and strive to ensure all aspects of the children’s safety and well-being.
Our policy with regard to Safeguarding applies to all adults working in school, who come into contact with the children, staff, governors, students, visitors and volunteers. These are essentially five main elements to our policy:-
• Ensuring we have a rigorous policy in place, for the safe recruitment of staff, governors, students, visitors and volunteers who will be working with our children.
• Continually raising awareness of all child protection issues and equipping the children themselves with the skills needed to keep safe, in the world in which they live and also on-line.
• Developing rigorous procedures for identifying and reporting suspected cases or specific cases of abuse.
• Supporting children who have suffered abuse or neglect in accordance with his or her agreed child protection plan.
• Providing a safe and secure school environment, which has a positive ethos and wherein all children can learn, develop and realise their full potential.
If you have any queries or concerns regarding any aspect of your child’s safety and well-being, please do not hesitate to contact our Designated Safeguarding Lead (Mrs M Acklam) or the Deputy Designated Safeguarding Leads (Mrs C Johnson/Mr A Heywood) on 0191 553 5980.
Keeping Children Safe in Education Policy
School Child Protection Policy