The staff and Governors at Broadway Junior School dedicate themselves to providing a broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum accessible to all pupils. Learning is at the core of all we do. As a school we aim to create a welcoming, inclusive environment where all children feel valued and strive to better their best. We develop active independent learners equipped with the necessary skills and attitudes to continue on their paths of discovery and contribute positively to the communities in which they find themselves.
We aim to:
- Ensure that our curriculum planning, assessment methods and environment are responsive to the individual needs and disabilities of all pupils.
- Foster a sense of self-worth, self-confidence and self-awareness, enabling every child to maximise their inherent qualities and develop a positive attitude to life, achieving success.
- Identify, assess, record and regularly review pupil’s special educational needs and disabilities.
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of staff in providing for children’s special educational needs.
- Encourage parents/carers to be involved in planning and supporting at all stages of their child’s development.
- Make effective use of support services.
What is the Local Offer?
The LA Local Offer
- The Children and Families Bill will become enacted in 2014. From this date Local Authorities (LA) and schools are required to publish and keep under review information about services they expect to be available for children and young people with special educational needs (SEN) aged 0-25.
- The intention of the Local Offer is to improve choice and transparency for families. It is an important resource for parents in understanding the range of services and provision in the local area. To view the LA Local Offer, please click here.
The School Local Offer
- This utilises the LA Local Offer to meet the needs of SEND pupils as determined by school policy and the provision that the school is able to provide.
To view our SEND Information Report, please click here
Our school SENDCo is Mrs Sarah Norman, telephone contact 0191 528 3058 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Headteacher is Mrs C Johnson.
For further information on any of the above including the SEND Information Report or to arrange a visit to the school please contact the school office on 0191 528 3058